Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Media Revelation #10


My final media revelation is a result of the script writing we did in class. Until this class, I'd never done any script writing. Though I didn't exactly enjoy the process, it was interesting. I'd never considered how detailed scripts had to be and how much work truly went into them. It must be even more of a process when the script is something original, rather than just an adaptation of something previously made. Commercial scripting was a long enough process; I can't imagine scripting an entire play or movie. However, commercial scripting is an excellent skill to add to my repertoire.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie,

    This is a VERY GOOD final TOP 10 REVELATIONS final examination (part 2) post.

    Really impressive synthesis of Hilliard, our class conversations, and other texts we explored, like THE PERSUADERS.

    And your use of EMBEDS and hyperlinks is SPOT ON.

    MY ONE big SUGGESTION: use more hyperlinks - take us places via your blog we couldn't go in a simple text-driven medium. Take Wesch to heart, in other words.

    I will be posting final grades by this week-end online.

    Thanks for your participation in our course, and enjoy your summer!

    Remember to keep meditating on your media...

    Dr. W

    ReplyDelete